Fate in the Feathers!


Picture credits:https://www.freepik.com/premium-photo/pigeon-is-standing-wet-street-front-city-street_49268940.htm
What's the worst thing that could happen on a Monday morning, when you are already running late to work and while on your journey, you are stopped by an injured bird in the middle of the road? 
Frustrating, right? 

Let's us go back to that particular Monday morning... It so happened that I saw a car a few metres ahead of me being slowed down by something, and as I reached closer, I realised it was an injured pigeon which was trying to take off but fell on the ground every time it tried. The car swerved in an attempt to avoid running over the poor little injured bird and drove away. 
As I rode nearer, it was my turn. I decided to slow down and take a quick look. But the bird had other plans on it's mind. It tried to fly again and landed right infront of my tyre, making me hit those breaks and stop immediately! 
The bird just wouldn't move from that spot. I tried to change my direction and move ahead but the bird was so adamant to disallow me to leave. I somehow managed to make my way and move ahead, but as I hit the accelerator, a voice inside my head made me stop. Within a few seconds I found myself parking the bike ahead and running in the middle of the road trying to catch hold of the pigeon. And the best part, it was a busy road!
As I approached the bird, it tried to fly away and fell again. Every attempt it made, met with disappointment. 
Just then, I saw a mini truck approaching towards us and before I knew it, the driver had hit the breaks. He came out rushing with the same intentions as mine. Now it wasn't just me trying to save the bird. Within a few seconds, another man from one of the shops along the road joined us in our mission. 
Finally, after a few minutes of frantic attempts to save the pigeon from the wheels of the moving vehicles, one of the men managed to catch hold of it. It fluttered in fear as he walked away with it. I took a breath of relief and got back to my journey. 
The entire way, numerous thoughts bombarded my mind. One of the thoughts was, what if it was a plot of the universe to make me spend a few minutes saving the pigeon as there was something dreadful ahead of me and I had missed it, because of the pigeon? 
As the Burnt Toast Theory suggests, everything that happens in your life is part of a bigger plan. Imagine, as you are preparing your breakfast, you end up burning the toast. This incident may add a few more minutes to your morning routine and as a result you run late to work. But then, you realise that you could have been in a fatal accident if you hadn't been late by those few minutes. The disappointing burnt toast ends up saving your life!
The theory makes one believe that there is a purpose in every painful or unpleasant experience. Most of the time our experiences are not in our control. And finally, the purpose is greater than the experience. 
Reflecting on the early morning incident, I realised that everything that happens in life, may be part of a bigger plan, a much greater one beyond our understanding. Our experiences, our choices, the decisions we make may add up to something we never imagined to be in store for us.
Who knows? The burnt toast or the flightless bird may have just saved a life! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Much- Awaited Day! 18th June 1946 (A short-story)

I'd rather do it tomorrow!